On July 17, the APA PsycNET platform released a refreshed version that included a new look and feel, as well as a technology upgrade.
We hope this refresh has allowed you to continue your research seamlessly.
The features that you’re used to on APA PsycNET are still there, including:
- Your personal My List, My PsycNET, alerts, and saved searches;
- Thesaurus or Term Finder;
- Cited References search;
- An unchanged search algorithm;
- The same records and full-text as before, with regular weekly updates.
We’ve also added some new tools to assist you, such as related content, a test lookup tool, and additional browse options.
If you would like more information about these new tools, please view our webinar on the APA PsycNET changes.
Or view the slides detailing APA PsycNET’s new additions.
Our next series of PsycINFO® webinars for students and faculty will run on August 9, 10, and 11 from 11 – 11:30 a.m. EDT. The sessions may be attended separately, but we encourage those who are interested to take all three, so we offer them on consecutive days:
We will provide information relevant to all search platforms including APA PsycNET®, EBSCOhost, Ovid, and ProQuest. The platform demonstrated will be based on the needs of the attendees of each session. For more information on this series, including full descriptions, please visit our database webinar training web page.
These webinars are an ideal way for students to get a refresher on PsycINFO if they have had a previous training session. Please help us spread the word to interested students and faculty!
Starting on Monday, July 17, APA PsycNET® has a new look and feel, and we’ve updated our search guides to reflect these changes.
If you need help getting started, please see our Quick Reference Guide.
For more detailed information about the fields you’ll see in the record and on the advanced search page, please see our Record Structure.
Interested in further training? Have questions? We’re offering 30-minute webinars to tour the APA PsycNET updates.
Please join us for a brief tour of the redesigned APA PsycNET® platform, which will launch in mid-July!
This 30-minute webinar will highlight the contemporary new “look and feel” of the APA PsycNET search platform and other changes. Highlights include:
- Technology upgrade: A new cloud-based environment and other behind-the-scenes infrastructure improvements for enhanced system performance, reliability, and search precision
- Responsive design: Improved content rendering and functionality across all devices, including mobile
- Content discovery: Addition of a new “Related Content” section providing links to up to 25 similar items, and options to explore trending topics
- Search tools: Addition of the “Test Lookup” tool, enhanced access to the integrated APA Thesaurus, and platform-wide access to your recent searches
This overview is intended for anyone who uses APA PsycNET through an institutional or personal subscription, including librarians, students, researchers, and professionals.
Register for a session using one of the links below (Note: All times are Eastern Daylight Time / UTC-4):
For more information about using APA PsycNET, see our YouTube playlist of APA Databases on APA PsycNET.
The American Psychological Association updated the interface for its PsycTHERAPY database in June 2017.
This webinar provides a tour of the new interface including:
- Navigation through the site
- Video commands
- Creating Clips
- Making and editing Playlists
- Creating Bookmarks
July 13, 2017, 2:00 – 2:30 pm EDT — http://apadatabases.adobeconnect.com/psyctherapy1/event/registration.html
July 25, 2017, 4:00 – 4:30 pm EDT — http://apadatabases.adobeconnect.com/psyctherapyii/event/registration.html
We also have a short video tour of PsycTHERAPY’s new interface: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbt4tkfYFFk
Additional information about PsycTHERAPY is available at http://www.apa.org/pubs/databases/psyctherapy/index.aspx