Need a brief overview on how to search PsycINFO®? We have a Quick Reference Guide for that!
Learn the basics of searching PsycINFO on your platform to make your search more effective. Each PsycINFO Quick Reference Guide covers:
- System navigation
- Command searching
- Correct search syntax for specific fields
- Advanced search syntax (e.g., Boolean operators, truncation)
- Limiting your search
- Managing your search results
- Platform-specific tips
Download or link to the PsycINFO Quick Reference Guide for your platform:
- Quick Reference Guide: PsycINFO on APA PsycNET (PDF, 428 KB)
- Quick Reference Guide: PsycINFO on EBSCOhost (PDF, 379 KB)
- Quick Reference Guide: PsycINFO on Ovid (PDF, 502 KB)
- Quick Reference Guide: PsycINFO on ProQuest (PDF, 711 KB)
This is a perfect course handout for students who are new to searching PsycINFO, or anyone else who may want a refresher. Librarians and faculty can request pocket-size print versions to distribute: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, institution, mailing address, quantity needed, and specified platform.
APA provides search help and training for all end-users, from novices through expert searchers. Find search guides, webinar schedules, tutorials, and more at our APA Search Help and Training Center for databases and electronic resources.
Be sure to check out our PsycINFO YouTube channel for short training tutorials and webinar recordings demonstrating how to put APA databases to work for you. View the playlist for your platform: APA Databases on APA PsycNET, APA Databases on EBSCOhost, APA Databases on Ovid, or APA Databases on ProQuest.