It’s Tutorial Thursday! In this series, we explore APA’s library of video tutorials available on the PsycINFO® YouTube channel and the APA Style CENTRAL® YouTube channel. Please feel free to link to or embed our videos in your library websites or LibGuides, course management systems, or other locations where students, faculty, and researchers will find them.
We recently updated one of our tutorials: Using the Author Affiliation Field in PsycINFO on EBSCOhost.
Do you want to discover what institutions are conducting research relevant to a specific topic, or track down a corresponding author’s contact information?
The Author Affiliation field in PsycINFO provides information about authors’ affiliations at the time of publication. This can be helpful to psychology students and practitioners who want to locate an author, see the kind of research conducted at an institution, or are considering where to apply to graduate school based on topics of interest.
This three-minute video demonstrates how to use the PsycINFO® Author Affiliation Field when searching PsycINFO on the EBSCOhost platform, and includes:
- Description and search examples for the PsycINFO Author Affiliation field;
- Using the Source, Authors, and Address fields to help obtain the contact information for a corresponding author; and
- How to search for articles written by authors affiliated with a particular institution.
This tutorial is a great resource to link from a LibGuide or course module for any class working with APA Databases on EBSCOhost, and can be helpful in answering email or chat reference questions.
The previous version of this tutorial will remain available, but if you have embedded or linked to it anywhere, we encourage you to update your materials to link to this new version.
- Guide to the Fields in APA Database Records
- Additional tutorials on the PsycINFO YouTube playlist for APA Databases on EBSCOhost
- Search Help & Training Center for APA Databases