Do you need to create an APA Style® reference list for sharing with your journal club, collaborating with a colleague, or preparing a course assignment? APA Style CENTRAL® can help with that!
How to export a paper’s reference list formatted in APA Style as a Microsoft Word file:
1. At the top of the screen, expand the My File Cabinet menu and select My Papers to view your list of saved papers. Open the file containing the reference list you want to export.
2. In the left navigation menu of the paper editing screen, use the arrow to expand the EXPORT menu and select Download.
3. Under the Download Paper heading, select Word (*.docx, selected by default) or PDF as the file type.
4. Use the Download Paper button to export the file.
5. The exported file will be saved in your browser’s default Downloads folder (or the location specified when saving the file).
Tip: To obtain a reference list for an annotated bibliography, begin a new paper by entering a title and then use the Add References button to immediately begin creating your reference list (see screenshot below). When you’ve finished adding references, use the steps above to export the paper as a Word file and continue working in Word to insert your annotation for each reference.
This expert tip was inspired by a question from a user like you! Have a question of your own?
Please let us know at Support@APAStyleCENTRAL.org.
- Handouts & Guides: References
- YouTube video channel: APA Style CENTRAL – Starting a Paper (4 minutes)
- Training webinar recording: Writing Papers in APA Style CENTRAL (28 minutes)