Do you work in an academic or health sciences library in the United States? Are you an early- or mid-career librarian? Are you looking for sources of funding for a conference you’d like to attend this fall?
If the answer to all of those questions is yes, please consider applying for an APA Librarian Conference Travel Award! Through July 31, 2016, we are accepting applications for conferences taking place from September – December 2016. This includes – but is not limited to – the Library Assessment Conference, the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, the Charleston Library Conference, and Internet Librarian
Our Lunch & Learn at the American Library Association Annual Conference took place on Monday. The session covered:
- An update on new fields coming to PsycINFO® this summer
- A brief review of our Topic Guides, which were recently translated into 8 languages
- Updates on PsycTHERAPY®
- New publications from APA
- A review of cited references, including a cross-platform comparison
- A brief overview of APA Style CENTRAL®, launching in July
- A review of training and support materials
The presentation included several search demos:
- APA PsycNET: PsycTHERAPY overview
- A cross-platform comparison looking at how cited references are presented in PsycINFO on APA PsycNET, EBSCOhost, Ovid, and ProQuest
- APA Style CENTRAL overview
The slides from this presentation are now available on our Slideshare account. We recommend downloading the slides and viewing them in PowerPoint, as the presenter notes area includes additional information for each slide.
The American Library Association Annual Conference & Exhibition will be held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL, from June 23-28, 2016. Look for representatives from the American Psychological Association in the exhibit hall, at booth 1743. Stop by to learn more about APA Style CENTRAL®, an exciting new electronic resource for APA Style® that’s launching this summer, and get the latest updates about APA Journals, Books, and Databases.
- Friday, June 24: 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. (Opening Reception)
- Saturday, June 25: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (APA Style CENTRAL Reception at 3:30 p.m.)
- Sunday, June 26: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 27: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Special Events & Training Sessions:
In addition, APA will be hosting several special events and training sessions during the conference:
Welcome to “From the Deck of . . .” an irregular series in which we highlight search demos and other information from the slide decks we create for our live training sessions. You can view and download these materials from our SlideShare account.
We recently hosted a training session at Mosaic ’16, the joint conference of the Medical Library Association, the Canadian Health Libraries Association, and the International Clinical Librarian Conference.
One of the items we covered in this session was the Tests & Measures field. We started off by describing the field and the information it includes – the topic of a post on this blog a little over a month ago. Then, we did a sample search in PsycARTICLES®, our database of full-text articles from APA-published journals. Continue reading
The Special Libraries Association Annual Conference will be held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, PA, from June 12-14, 2016. Look for representatives from the American Psychological Association in the exhibit hall, at booth 217. Stop by to learn more about APA Style CENTRAL™, an exciting new electronic resource for APA Style® that’s launching this summer, and get the latest updates about APA Journals, Books, and Databases.
- Sunday, June 12: 11:15 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (No conflicts: 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.)
- Monday, June 13: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (No conflicts: 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, June 14: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (No conflicts: noon – 2:00 p.m.)